Quality Improvement Plan
Baycrest is pleased to share our Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) with our clients, family members and broader community. The QIP is a requirement under the Excellent Care For All Act, 2010 and was approved by the Baycrest Board of Directors.
This plan describes the key actions we are committed to taking to make improvements to the care and services you receive. As in previous years, these improvement priorities are rooted in our strategic goal to deliver exceptional quality of care and quality of life for our patients and residents.
For 2016-17, our main improvement objectives include:
- Improving the client experience
- Reducing serious harm from falls
- Reducing potentially preventable transfers to the Emergency Department from Long-Term Care
Our Quality Improvement Plan consists of the following documents:
- The Narrative: a document that provides a brief overview highlighting Baycrest’s top priorities for the 2015-16 fiscal year. The Narrative also describes how compensation of Baycrest executives is tied to the achievement of performance improvement targets laid out in the QIP.
- Improvement targets and initiatives outlines improvement targets and initiatives for the 2016-17 fiscal year.
You can also read our Progress report on our 2015-16 Quality Improvement Plan, which demonstrates the progress we have made on the targets set out in our previous year’s QIP.
The Excellent Care for All Act, 2010 also requires that compensation of the executive team be linked to achievement of some performance targets in the Quality Improvement Plan. The Board of Directors developed and approved the performance-based compensation plan.