Mission, vision, and values
Baycrest is an academic health sciences centre that provides an exemplary care experience for older adults across a variety of institutional and community based settings. We are devoted to improving the quality of life of older adults everywhere through the integration and application of exceptional healthcare, wellness promotion, research, and educational activities. We draw inspiration from the unrivalled support of generations of families within our community and the ethical and cultural values of our Judaic heritage. Our traditions compel us to devote ourselves to helping others in need, while pursuing wisdom through educational attainment and scientific inquiry.
We are dedicated to:
- Achieving the highest quality and innovation in client-centered clinical and residential care and patient safety;
- Generating and applying clinical and scientific breakthroughs;
- Sharing our expertise nationally and globally, serving as a thought leader and resource for information to support the health and wellbeing of the older adult population;
- Providing a community of care and learning that encourages creativity and personal and professional growth for all of our staff, physicians, volunteers, and students; and,
- Effectively advocating for an accessible and comprehensive healthcare and community support system that responds to the diverse needs of older adults.
We will transform the experience of aging through leading innovations in brain health, wellness promotion, and approaches to care that enrich the lives of older adults.
Founded by the Jewish community and guided by the principles embedded within our faith, heritage and culture, Baycrest is committed to pursuing its mission and achieving its vision through compassion, advocacy, respect, and a sustained focus on achieving excellence.
Compassion comes from caring relationships that are promoted and nurtured through a culture of sensitivity, understanding, trust, and integrity.
Advocacy is essential in promoting change and socially responsible choices that are sensitive to the needs of older adults and is best achieved through a strong collective voice of clients, families, staff, volunteers, and community partners.
Respect comes with the understanding that each person is unique, with intrinsic dignity and worth.
Excellence is achieved when we reach beyond what was ever thought possible through inquiry, discovery, and lifelong learning. We apply this to all the work that we do to ensure the highest quality of care and an exceptional experience for the people we serve.