A Community Outpatient Model for the Treatment of Depression
Edited by Dr. Ken Schwartz, MD, FRCPC and Dr. Robert Madan, MD, FRCPC
Department of Psychiatry, Baycrest
The Baycrest Psychiatric Day Hospital is a multi-component clinical program for the treatment of depression in older adults. It integrates pharmacological and psychotherapeutic interventions to provide depressed seniors with comprehensive and effective care. This training manual describes the treatment approach used in this long-standing and effective program. Some of the topics include:
- Overview of depressive disorders in late life
- Description of the structure of the program
- The roles and functions of the team members and team dynamics
- In-depth descriptions of the various groups and interventions
- Group and individual psychotherapy
- Numerous case examples
- Research and education in the program
This training manual can be used by healthcare professionals who are interested in creating a similar program for older adults with mental illness. It is also intended for healthcare practitioners and students who would like to enhance their knowledge in the area of geriatric depression.
Please note: hard copies are available for purchase.
Fee: $35 (plus shipping and handling)
- Download the order form
- Call the Baycrest Staff Library at 416-785-2500, ext. 2353 and have an order form mailed to you; or
- Come in and buy the manual in person from the Baycrest Staff Library, 2nd Floor, hospital.