Falls Prevention Program
To help minimize the risk of falls, Baycrest offers an interprofessional risk management, education and exercise program for older adults living in the community. The eight-week program is held every Monday and Wednesday, from 9 to 11:30 a.m. and is covered by OHIP, with no extra charges to participants.
If you are interested, or know of someone who could benefit from the Falls Prevention Program , you must be:
- 65 years of age or older
- medically and cognitively well enough to participate in group activities
- able to walk 25 metres with or without a walking aid
- able to arrange their own transportation
- reside within the program’s catchment area (between Steeles and St. Clair avenues, and Keele and Yonge streets)
- have a physician referral
To register, please call 416-785-2488.
The Baycrest Community Assessment and Treatment Team (CATT) continues to offer the following services:
- The Wellness Path Program
- a 12-week out-patient rehabilitation program for frail elderly people who are experiencing challenges staying at home.
- The Baycrest Community Outreach Team
- is a group of health professionals who visit the frail elderly in their homes for geriatric assessment and short-term interventions.
Click here to download our Referral form