Hearing Aid Evaluations, Sales & Service
If you need hearing aids for the first time or want to replace the ones you already have, our experienced audiologists will make sure you find the ones that are right for your hearing loss and your budget.
What to expect at a hearing aid evaluation
At your hearing aid evaluation appointment, one of our audiologists will:
- explain how hearing aids work and how they can improve your hearing and communication
- discuss the benefits and limitations of hearing aids and communication devices so you can make an informed decision about the option that is best for you
- ask questions about your lifestyle, abilities, activity level, communication goals and the type of listening situations you need help in
- discuss the cost of the hearing aids
- discuss the range of hearing aid technologies that match your unique needs and budget
- describe hearing aid styles, models, cosmetic preferences and technical characteristics
- evaluate what accessories such as remote controls, blue tooth and smart phone compatibility, etc. will be right for you
- prescribe the hearing aid that’s best for you from the product lines offered by all major hearing aid manufacturers
- discuss the funding available for hearing aids and communication devices through various Ontario and federal programs. We can help identify if you are eligible for funding and assist you with any application process that may be necessary.
If you decide to order hearing aids from Baycrest after your evaluation, we will:
- take impressions of your ears (if appropriate)
- place your order with the manufacturer
- book your fitting and follow-up appointments
Types of hearing aids
Hearing aid fitting and services
At your hearing aid fitting, our audiologist will program the hearing aids to meet your amplification needs and to make sure you:
- understand how to best use your hearing aids
- know how to clean and maintain them
- are comfortable with the sound quality
- gain a realistic understanding of potential benefits and limitations
- ensure they are meeting your amplification needs
We offer a 60-day trial period, 3 year service warranty, and 2 year loss and damage warranty on all hearing aids.
During the 60-day trial period, we strongly recommend you return for follow-up visits to let us know how your hearing aids are performing and to see if any adjustments, fine-tuning or counselling and education are necessary.
We also recommend you return for an annual hearing test and hearing aid check-up.
Regular visits help monitor your hearing loss, assess the effectiveness of your hearing aids, and provide strategies for overcoming any challenges you may encounter.
We also offer custom-made swim plugs and noise protection, hearing aid accessories, and batteries