In-Patient Rehabilitation Program
Description of the program:
- Baycrest rehab services provide goal-directed inpatient rehabilitative therapy after an acute event or illness, musculoskeletal injury, surgery or hospitalization, which is key to ensuring that patients can return to community living.
- Our rehabilitation services offer a comprehensive array of specialized interventions focused on the unique needs of frail seniors with complex needs, including multiple health conditions, physical impairments, recent functional decline and cognitive change.
Goals of the program:
- The desired goal of rehabilitative care includes the maintenance or sustaining of functionality, the restoration of functionality and/or the development of adaptive capacity.
- Goals and discharge plans are developed from the patient’s perspective, with caregivers recognized as key to enabling patient/client function.
- Patients and caregivers are involved throughout the rehabilitative care process to support the attainment of goals and the patient’s return to community living.
Expected Length of Stay:
- Length of stay will vary by individual needs, as determined by the health care team.
- An application can be sent by the patient’s health care team in acute care through the Resource Matching and Referral (RMR) system or via fax: 416-785-2471
- All applications are reviewed to confirm that our services are appropriate to meet the patient’s care needs.
If you have questions, please contact:
- For more information about the High Tolerance program, you may contact a social worker at 416-785-2500 ext. 2316. For more information about the Low Tolerance program, you may contact a social worker at 416-785-2500 ext. 6496.
For referrals to the service: Please speak to your acute care service provider or hospital discharge planner.
Click to print or download the brochure for the In-Patient Rehabilitation Program.