Saul and Rae Saltzman Day Treatment Centre
The Day Treatment Centre (DTC) provides a rehabilitation program for elderly people living in the community with complex medical conditions. Our team is interdisciplinary in nature and goal oriented. Our primary aim is to assist our clients remain independent as long as possible. The cost if the program is covered by OHIP.
You will attend three hour sessions, twice a week for up to twelve weeks. Clients who meet their goals sooner will be discharged before twelve weeks.
Program offered: Mondays and Wednesdays OR Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Medical and Nursing Assessments
- Health Education for Patients, Families and Caregivers
- Social Work
- Occupational Therapy
- Discharge Planning
- Group and Individual Exercises
- Referral to Baycrest Services (i.e. Urology, Audiology, Speech Language Therapy, Swallowing, Leisure Education)
- Participants who will benefit from two or more of our disciplines (WE DO NOT ACCEPT PEOPLE FOR PHYSIOTHERAPY ONLY)
- Those ages 65 and over (55 and over under special circumstances)
- Your family physician must complete and sign a referral form and maintain regular contact with you
- Able and willing to participate in a group setting and toilet themselves independently
- Able to learn and follow through recommendations delivered in English or be accompanied by someone who can translate
- You must have ongoing and reliable transportation to and from our program
Making a referral
Referrals are made by contacting the secretary.
Fax number: 416-785-2409
How to contact the DTC
For more information on the DTC please contact us at 416-785-2500, ext. 2588.