Amenities at Baycrest
Whether you are visiting a loved one or are here for an appointment, there are several areas to grab a bite to eat or relax.
Drop by our cafeteria or café or enjoy some fresh air at any of our outdoor patios and courtyards.
For personal toiletries, gifts or snacks, check our gift shop located on the main floor.
Drop by for a meal in the Baycrest Cafeteria and enjoy a variety of Kosher foods!
- Serves a variety of Kosher foods
- Available to clients, staff, volunteers, families and the general public
- Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sandwiches, salad bar, desserts, hot and cold beverages
- Full course hot meals available between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Closed Sunday
- Located on the main floor of the Hospital
Women’s Auxiliary Cafe
- Located in the Winter Garden of the Apotex Centre, Jewish Home for the Aged
- Kosher dairy meals served in a garden cafe setting
- Coffee break and breakfast items, including Second Cup coffee (cappuccino and espresso coffee offered in the morning)
- Soup, salads, made-to-order sandwiches, short-order hot items, freshly squeezed fruit juice, desserts and baked goods served throughout the day
- Hours: Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; Sunday, 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Proceeds from the Cafe support programs and services offered by Baycrest Centre
The Eph and Shirley Diamond Gift Shop
In the atrium, Main floor near the Bathurst Street entrance (Baycrest Hospital – Ben and Hilda Katz Building)
416-785-2500 ext. 2741
Monday to Thursday 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.; Friday 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
This large, bright Gift Shop provides one-stop shopping for clients and offers an outstanding selection of gifts, lingerie, candles, serviettes and handy toiletries including toothpaste, soap and talcum powder. You will also find a wide variety of items designed to make everyday living easier for seniors. Specialty gifts like large-grip utensils, long-handled bath brushes and many other helpful items are provided by the Ability Store.
The shop also carries a variety of Judaica gift items including Shabbat candlesticks, challah plates, kiddush cups and other holiday accessories.
Pick up a birthday or specialty card and candies on your way to visit a loved one. The Gift Store also sells TTC tickets, tokens, stamps and Lotto tickets for your convenience.
The endless variety of unique gifts, purses, jewelry, hats, umbrellas, scarves make it fun for everyone to visit whether you’re looking for something different as a gift, for your office or just to treat yourself.
The shop is owned and operated by Baycrest to serve the needs of our patients, visitors and staff. All monies earned from sales stay within Baycrest to support our wide variety of programs and services.
People Profile – Saul and Sandra Speisman make the Gift Shop a unique part of Baycrest.