The Ontario CLRIs
In 2011, the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care funded three health-care organizations for 4.5 years as the inaugural Ontario Centres for Learning, Research and Innovation (LRI). The host organizations are: Schlegel Villages, Bruyère Continuing Care, and Baycrest.
The purpose of the Ontario Centres for LRI is to enhance the quality of seniors’ care in long-term care homes through education, research, innovation, evidence-based service delivery and design, and knowledge transfer.
Program Goals for the Ontario Centres for Learning, Research and Innovation
- Provide and promote education and career opportunities within long-term care settings
- Nurture inter-provider learning opportunities across all health care disciplines
- Contribute to developing curricula to support health-care workers in professional development
- Create opportunities for evidence-based research
- Create opportunities to design, test and share innovative approaches to quality health care
- Encourage knowledge sharing between applied and clinical research
- Enhance the profile for long-term care within health care as a whole
- Facilitate collaboration among long-term care communities, colleges and universities, government, research institutions, subject matter expert organizations, and health care as a whole
Learn more about Ontario’s Centres for Learning, Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care: