What is dementia?
Information regarding the disease
- NIH Senior Health (USA)
- Provides brief overview of dementia and factors that contribute to development of dementia.
- Alzheimer’s Australia (Australia)
- The webpage defines dementia, outline the signs & symptoms and help currently available to deal with dementia.
- Alzheimer Society Ontario (Canada) – Video
- Describes the difference between normal aging v.s. dementia. Provides tips on how to deal with normal aging related memory problems.
- Living with Dementia (Canada)
- Provides detailed information about the different types of dementia and the effect of dementia on daily life.
- Alzheimer Society Ottawa and Renfrew County (Canada) (Video)
- Describes the difference between dementia and Alzheimer. Also provides detailed information about dementia in terms of the causes, treatment, and development of the disease. Information also available in video format.
- NHS Health Scotland (UK) (Video)
- A short film explaining dementia in terms of the types of dementia, treatment, effect on people and the progression of disease. Also provides the information in text format.
- Alzheimer Society Toronto (Canada) (Video)
- Video provides a brief overview of dementia in an visually creative manner.
- FreeDem Films (Ireland) (Video)
- Multiple creative videos on variety of dementia related topics.
Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Cogniciti (Canada)
- Free Brain health assessment to provide information on your risk for developing dementia
- Alzheimer’s Association (USA)
- Provides information on symptoms, diagnosis, risk factors and treatment for Mild cognitive impairment.
- National Institute of Aging (USA)
- Brief overview of Mild Cognitive impairment and compares difference between normal aging and Alzheimer’s disease.
- MAYO Clinic (USA)
- Detailed overview of Mild cognitive impairment. Provides information on symptoms, question to ask the doctor and available treatments.
- Center for Gerontology (USA) – PDF booklet
- Easy to read guide provides information on Signs & symptoms, Seeking diagnosis, medications, and strategies to deal with memory loss.