Our Hiring Process
How To Apply
Applicants begin the process by visiting our online portal to search current opportunities. If you are interested in applying to postings, the following steps are recommended when applying online to positions at Baycrest:
- Upload a resume and cover letter for the position you are applying to
- In your application submission, include:
– the reference number (i.e. posting number) and;
– the position title
- In order to be given appropriate consideration for each job competition, applicants must apply separately for each position they are interested in.
Selection of Candidates
We are fortunate to receive a high volume of applications. Selected applicants are those whose skills and qualifications most closely meet the requirements of the position. Selected applicants will begin the following process:
- Selected applicants are contacted for an initial interview. Interviews may occur by phone, in person and/or by interview panel.
- The recruitment process may include pre-employment testing to validate skills, knowledge and/or competencies for the positions. Methods of skill assessment include: tests (online or written), presentations, simulations and others.
- Reference-checking and criminal checks are standard steps in the recruitment process.
Final Steps of the Selection Process
When a candidate is invited to participate in the interview process, the outcome of the job competition is always communicated.
- If you are not selected for a specific position, we encourage you to review our website regularly and apply to positions as they become available.
- Candidates who are successful in a job competition will be contacted by Human Resources with details on proceeding with an offer of employment and on-boarding to Baycrest.