Tele-Monitoring & Potential Applications to Assist Aging at Home
Date(s) - 14/09/2017
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Kenneth Lam, MD
PGY4 – Geriatric Medicine
The University of Toronto
- Define the terms telehealth, telemedicine, and tele-monitoring
- Review literature on the impact of tele-monitoring on patient outcomes
- Examine how that evidence may apply to a geriatric population
- Discuss potential future technologies under investigation to improve aging at home
* * * This event will be videoconferenced from Baycrest to various other participating sites * * *
For Ontario/Manitoba, please give your Telehealth Coordinator the OTN TSM number 72786350
For outside of Ontario/Manitoba, please register with Agnes Cheng Tsallis by September 8th
at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are planning to attend.
Also available via webcast at: http://webcast.otn.ca
Baycrest Geriatric Rounds is a self-approved group learning activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Please ensure that you complete the evaluation form in order to record your attendance.
Please note, these rounds are restricted to healthcare professionals.