The RTC provides opportunities for university students to conduct research in a laboratory/clinical setting at Baycrest under the supervision of a practicing scientist. The program is 12 weeks in length, with specific starting and ending dates arranged directly with each hiring scientist in accordance with their research schedule.
At the time of application, students must be in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of an undergraduate degree program. Students in medical school may also apply. Students registered in a Master’s or PhD program are not eligible for summer studentships.
Terms of Summer Program
- Students will usually be expected work full-time hours (35 hours per week)
- Students will usually be expected to complete a full 12 week term.
- Students will be paid a minimum of $4,410.00 for a three (3) month period.
- Students will be required to work on a project assigned to them by their respective supervisors.
Complete this application form (enabled from January 1 to March 30). The following documents will be required in plain text format:
- An up-to-date resume or CV, including permanent and sessional addresses and the name and contact information of two referees (academic preferred).
- A cover letter which includes the area of research you are interested in and the Scientist(s) with whom you would like to work.
- Current transcripts or grade reports (unofficial or ‘issued to student’ versions accepted).
Selections will be made on an ongoing basis, so apply as early as possible. Only ONE online submission is required. Most hiring decisions will be made by April 15 of the given year. However, due to the volume of applications received, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.