Research Ethics Board
The Research Ethics Board (REB) is responsible, on behalf of the institution, for ensuring that all research involving human subjects under the auspices of its institution meets current ethical standards. The role of the Research Ethics Board is to ensure that all research at Baycrest is conducted in accordance with:
- Ethical, humanitarian, moral, and medico-legal standards, and
- Scientific rigor and integrity.
The REB has been established:
- To ensure that all research carried out at Baycrest is reviewed for scientific merit, ethical considerations, and resource implications; and
- To ensure that safeguards are developed, and continually monitored, which provide the greatest protection to patients, residents, and members of the community who serve as research participants.
Proposals are reviewed by the full board at a scheduled meeting, or in an expedited manner, depending on level of risk associated with the study, and on prior review. Regardless of the type of review, a full application form must be completed. A complete research proposal/and or protocol must also be submitted. REB submissions For more information and questions about REB submissions please contact Roshan Guna at 416-785-2500 x 2440 or Ashley Kim at 416-785-2500 x 3550.
The Baycrest REB has been accredited by Clinical Trials Ontario.
- Dr. Ron Heslegrave (Chair)
- Dr. Rabbi Geoffrey Haber (Pastoral Care)
- Dr. Adriana Shnall (Clinical, Social Work)
- Maria Nelson (Nursing)
- Calen Freenman (Nursing)
- Cindy Ferrier-Hastie (Privacy, Health Records)
- Dr. Marcia Sokolowski (Clinical Ethics)
- Dr. Jean Chen (Research)
- Dr. Sandra Gardner (Research)
- Anne Clavir (Community representative)
- Laura Davison (Lawyer/ External Legal)
- Dr. Nadia Malek (Medicine)
- Roshan Guna (Research Ethics Office)
- Ashley Kim (Research Ethics Office)
All meetings will be held in Meeting Room 748, Brain Health Complex, from 9:30-11:00am.
|DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION||COMMITTEE MEETS|
|January 08th 2018||January 22nd, 2018|
|February 20th, 2018 (Tuesday)||March 05th, 2018|
|March 26th, 2018||April 09th, 2018|
|April 30th, 2018||May 14th, 2018|
|June 04th, 2018||June 18th, 2018|
|July 09th, 2018||July 23rd, 2018|
|August 13th, 2018||August 27th, 2018|
|September 24th, 2018||October 15th, 2018|
|October 22nd, 2018||November 05th, 2018|
|November 26th, 2018||December 10th, 2018|