Centre for Health Information
About the Centre for Health Information at Baycrest
The Patient, Family and Consumer Education Program at Baycrest is pleased to announce the revitalization of the Centre for Health Information (formerly the Wellness Library). We aim to provide an exceptional person- and family-centred education experience through our innovative health literacy hub.
We have created a space where residents, patients, staff, caregivers and community members have access to reliable health information so they can participate in their care and better manage their condition or disease for better health. Through our curated educational resources, we aim to improve patient engagement and experience.
Through our Revitalization Project, the Centre now offers:
- A larger space for health information
- More computers with internet access and improved accessibility features
- New services such as personalized health information searches
- An upgraded health information collection, including more brochures and books. To view our health book collection, please click here.
We encourage active partnership in care and quality of life by supporting our residents and their families/caregivers to:
- Become informed about their health
- Prepare for their care and take information with them to their doctor
- Participate in their care by making informed decisions
- Manage their condition or disease
What You Can Do in the Centre for Health Information
Our Centre allows you to:
- Find online and printed health information on a variety of topics such as brain health, dementia, treatment options, medication management, recovery, healthy living, and caregiving.
- Get help with your questions. Trained staff and volunteers can help you find information and resources.
- Receive a tailored health information package to meet your specific health needs.
- Learn about events and resources at Baycrest and in the community.
- Access our Digital Centre computers to search for health information.
- Enjoy comfortable seating to read, take notes, or just sit and relax.
The Centre for Health Information does not provide medical or treatment advice. Resources provided by the Centre are for your information only and should not replace a visit with your healthcare professional.
Where to find us
The Health Information Centre is located on
the 1st floor of the Apotex Centre.
Hours of Operation
Sunday: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Monday: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 2:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Thursday: 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
We ask all patrons to follow the Baycrest COVID-19 Visitor Policy. You can read our policy here
How Can I Access Health Information if I Can’t Come to the Centre?
If you are unable to visit us in-person, you can access various health-related resources through the Baycrest Health Information Portal. Topics include:
- Dementia and Memory
- General Health and Wellbeing
- Mental Health
- End of Life and Palliative Care
- Home Services
You can access our Health Information Portal here
For questions, please contact our Patient, Family and Consumer Education Coordinator, Suzanne Pede at: SPede@Bayrest.org
Baycrest Centre for Health Information
Apotex Centre, First floor
3560 Bathurst St.
Toronto, ON M6A 2E1