Baycrest receives a large volume of applications. This makes the process competitive for applicants. Below are a few tips for applicants.
Submitting Your Application and Resume
- When applying, answer all questions completely and properly.
- Create the right style of resume for the position.
- Read the job posting to determine whether your skills match those of the position. Make sure you communicate your skills related to the job posting clearly within your resume.
- Ensure that your resume is up-to-date.
- Learn about our organization. The Baycrest website is a great resource!
- Keep your resume short. A two or three-page resume is acceptable. (This may vary depending on the profession.)
- Ensure your resume is error-free (i.e., spelling, grammar and formatting).
- Provide contact information so that we can reach you during business hours.
- Ensure your resume is compatible with MS Office 2013 (accepted formats include, .doc .docx .rtf and .pdf).
Our preferred method for application and resume submission is electronically through our website.
Interviews are a way for both the Hiring Manager and the candidate to learn and assess qualifications and suitability for a role. We may use different types of questions during an interview. These may include:
- direct questions
- situational/hypothetical questions
- behavioural questions
Candidates are provided the opportunity to ask questions about the position and the organization. We encourage applicants to prepare ahead of any interviews. Interview practice and preparation may help to ease possible interview anxiety.