Welcome to the Behavioural Support for Seniors Program.
The Behavioural Support for Seniors Program (BSSP) enhances quality of care and life for people struggling with, and demonstrating, responsive behaviours as a result of a primary diagnosis of major neurocognitive disorder (dementia), presenting with a neurodegenerative process, and can be concurrent with mental health conditions or disorders, other neurological conditions and brain injuries.
This program is for seniors, their families and caregivers, who are living at home, living in long-term care homes, or in a Hospital or Transition Unit.
The BSSP is made up of specialized behavioural programs including:
- Behavioural Supports Coordinating Office and Hotline
- Behavioural Support Outreach Team (BSOT) in all Sectors: Community, LTC and Acute Care
- Long-term care embedded behaviour leads
- Geriatric addictions specialist for long-term care and cross sectoral transitions
- Caregiver specialist for long-term care and community
- Transitional behavioural support unit
- Crisis mobile services
- Education and training consortium
The program is also partnered with local, regional and provincial agencies to help streamline the system for Ontario seniors, their families and caregivers.
Baycrest is proud to be the health services lead for the Behavioural Support for Seniors Program as appointed by Ontario Health Toronto Region.
To access our referral form and detailed program information, please visit our website.
For additional resources and information visit the helpful links page.