Strategic Imperatives and Initiatives:
A. Maintain our leadership position and generate new knowledge about the interactive contributions of the brain, the body and the environment to healthy brain aging.
- Recruit and retain the highest calibre people possible.
- Increase our success at obtaining external awards.
- Increase collaboration among existing researchers.
B. Maintain and leverage world class technological, informatics and computational infrastructure.
- Maintain and support the use of all neuroimaging modalities and a convergent technology methodological approach (MRI, MEG, EEG, PET).
- Expand the use of neuroimaging modalities (i.e. NIRS, portable EEG, TMS).
- Maximize our ability to use different forms of imaging data.
- Maximize the utility and usability of existing neuroinformatics datasets.
- Support enhanced scientific productivity through a high quality, reliable computational infrastructure.
C. Exploit the power of population-level studies to further our understanding of resilience, reserve and the multifactorial determinants of brain health.
- Engage with existing population-level research projects (e.g. OHS, ADNI, CLSA, TDRA, BrainCODE, ICES, CIHI)