|Please note that the online application portal is officially closed for the 2021 RRI Summer Student Program. We thank all trainees for their interest in research at Baycrest and we encourage trainees to revisit the online portal in January 2022 for new summer opportunities at that time.
Update on the 2021 Summer Student Program
The Rotman Research Institute (RRI) Summer Student Program is now accepting applications for summer 2021.
International students will be eligible to apply for the program this year. However, given the uncertainty around COVID-19, offers to international students will be conditional, contingent on government directives (e.g., travel and work visas) and may result in the withdrawal of the offer. Similarly, the Summer Student Program may be restricted to remote, work-from-home activity for all students, depending on the COVID-19 situation at program start. A modified version of our annual summer student curriculum may also be delivered as an online series.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, please note that further changes to offers and programming may be forthcoming.
Should you have questions about the RRI Summer Student Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program provides opportunities for university students to conduct research in a laboratory/clinical setting at Baycrest under the supervision of a practicing Scientist from the Research Division. The program is 12 weeks in length, with specific starting and ending dates arranged directly with each hiring Scientist in accordance with their research schedule.
Who is Eligible?
At the time of application, students must be in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of an undergraduate degree program. Students in medical school may also apply. Students registered in a Master’s or PhD program are not eligible for summer studentships. Please note that prospective students must be eligible to work in Canada.
Terms of Summer Program
- Students will usually be expected to work full-time hours (35 hours per week).
- Students will usually be expected to complete a full 12-week term.
- Students will be paid a minimum of $5,985.00 for a three (3) month period.
- Students will be required to work on a project assigned to them by their respective supervisors.
How to Apply
To apply, click on the “Create Application” link below. The following documents will be required in plain text format:
- An up-to-date resume or CV, including permanent and sessional addresses and the name and contact information of two referees (academic preferred).
- A cover letter which includes the area of research you are interested in and the Scientist(s) with whom you would like to work.
- Current transcripts or grade reports (unofficial or ‘issued to student’ versions accepted). Note that applicants must copy and paste the text of the transcript into the provided application form – upload of a PDF is not available at this time.
Scientists’ research interests may be reviewed here.
Please note that the online application portal is officially closed for the 2021 RRI Summer Student Program. We thank all trainees for their interest in research at Baycrest and we encourage trainees to revisit the online portal in January 2022 for new summer opportunities at that time.