This program provides opportunities for university students to conduct research in a laboratory/clinical setting at Baycrest under the supervision of a practicing Scientist from the Research Division. The program is 12 weeks in length, with specific starting and ending dates arranged directly with each hiring Scientist in accordance with their research schedule.
Who is Eligible?
At the time of application, students must be in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of an undergraduate degree program. Students in medical school may also apply. Students registered in a Master’s or PhD program are not eligible for summer studentships. Please note that prospective students must be eligible to work in Canada.
Terms of Summer Program
- Students will usually be expected to work full-time hours (35 hours per week).
- Students will usually be expected to complete a full 12-week term.
- Students will be paid a minimum of $5,880.00 for a three (3) month period.
- Students will be required to work on a project assigned to them by their respective supervisors.
How to Apply
To apply, click on the “Create Application” link below. The following documents will be required in plain text format:
- An up-to-date resume or CV, including permanent and sessional addresses and the name and contact information of two referees (academic preferred).
- A cover letter which includes the area of research you are interested in and the Scientist(s) with whom you would like to work.
- Current transcripts or grade reports (unofficial or ‘issued to student’ versions accepted). Note that applicants must copy and paste the text of the transcript into the provided application form – upload of a PDF is not available at this time.
Scientists’ research interests may be reviewed here.
Selections will be made on an ongoing basis. Only ONE online submission is required.
Most hiring decisions will be made by April 15, 2018. However, due to the volume of applications received, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.