Baycrest Health Sciences received one of the most esteemed designations for healthcare facilities in Ontario when it was named a Best Practice Spotlight Organization by the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) in April 2015.
Through the intensive efforts of nurses and professionals from a variety of roles and departments, Baycrest successfully implemented six RNAO Best Practice Guidelines across targeted units, two of which were implemented organization-wide:
- Prevention of Falls and Fall Injuries in the Older Adult (organization-wide)
- Screening for Delirium, Dementia and Depression in Older Adults
- Caregiving Strategies for Older Adults with Delirium, Dementia and Depression
- Promoting Continence Using Prompted Voiding
- Assessment and Management of Stage I to IV Pressure Ulcers (organization-wide)
- Assessment and Management of Pain