The Saul and Rae Saltzman Day Treatment Centre (DTC) provides a rehabilitation program for older adults living in the community with complex medical conditions. Our team is interdisciplinary in nature and our primary aim is to assist clients in remaining independent as long as possible. The cost of the program is covered by OHIP.
Three hour sessions, twice a week for up to 12 weeks. Clients who meet their goals sooner will be discharged before 12 weeks.
Program offered: Mondays and Wednesdays OR Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Discharge Planning
- Group and Individual Exercises
- Health Education for Patients, Families and Caregivers
- Medical and Nursing Assessments
- Referral to Baycrest Services (i.e. Urology, Audiology, Speech Language Therapy, Swallowing Clinic, Leisure Education)
- Social Work
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Occupational Therapy
- Participants who will benefit from two or more of our disciplines (WE DO NOT ACCEPT PEOPLE FOR PHYSIOTHERAPY ONLY)
- Those ages 65 and over (55 and over under special circumstances)
- Your family physician must complete and sign a referral form and maintain regular contact with you
- Able and willing to participate in a group setting and able to toilet independently
- Able to learn and follow recommendations delivered in English, or be accompanied by someone who can translate
- You must have ongoing and reliable transportation to and from our program
Making a Referral
Referrals are made by contacting the secretary.