We are pleased to share the Apotex and Hospital 2023/24 Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) with our residents, patients, clients, caregivers, staff, physicians, and members of our community. Aligned with our Inspired Aging strategic plan, the QIP describes the key improvements aimed at providing an exceptional person and family-centred health experience across our programs and services.
As we do each year, we select our annual improvement priorities considering several important factors, including:
- Feedback from residents, patients and families through quality of life and experience surveys;
- Safety priorities identified through safety reporting, critical incidents and risk analysis;
- Geriatric best practices;
- Legislative requirements; and
- Accreditation Canada required organizational practices and standards.
The development of our annual QIP is an important milestone as we continue our quality journey and relentless focus on improvement.
You can review a summary of our 2023-24 quality improvement goals here:
As part of the continuous quality improvement initiative, the Fixing Long Term Care Act, 2021 and its regulations require every long-term care home to prepare a report on the continuous quality improvement efforts for the home.
The Excellent Care for All Act, 2010 also requires that compensation of the executive team be linked to achievement of some performance targets in the Quality Improvement Plan. The Board of Directors developed and approved the performance-based compensation plan.