Health Information Library
About the Health Information Library at Baycrest
Due to COVID-19, Baycrest’s Health Information Library
(formerly the Wellness Library) is closed.
Our anticipated re-opening is Monday, July 25, 2022. Please check back for updates.
The Patient, Family and Consumer Education Program at Baycrest is pleased to announce the revitalization of the Health Information Library. We aim to provide an exceptional person- and family-centred education experience through our innovative health literacy hub.
We have created a space where residents, patients, staff, caregivers and community members have access to reliable health information so they can participate in their care and better manage their condition or disease for better health. Through our curated educational resources, we aim to improve patient engagement and experience.
Through our Revitalization Project, the Library now offers:
- A larger space for health information
- More computers with internet access and improved accessibility features
- New services such as personalized health information searches
- An upgraded health information collection, including more brochures and books
We encourage active partnership in care and quality of life by supporting our residents and their families/caregivers to:
- Become informed about their health
- Prepare for their care and take information with them to their doctor
- Participate in their care by making informed decisions
- Manage their condition or disease
What You Can Do in the Health Information Library
Our library allows you to:
- Find online and printed health information on a variety of topics such as brain health, dementia, treatment options, medication management, recovery, healthy living, and caregiving.
- Get help with your questions. Trained staff and volunteers can help you find information and resources.
- Receive a tailored health information package to meet your specific health needs.
- Learn about events and resources at Baycrest and in the community.
- Access our Digital Centre computers to search for health information.
- Enjoy comfortable seating to read, take notes, or just sit and relax.
The Health Information Library does not provide medical or treatment advice. Resources provided by the Library are for your information only and should not replace a visit with your healthcare professional.
Where to find us
The library is located on the 1st floor of the Apotex Centre.
Hours of Operation
Sunday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Monday: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Tuesday: 12 – 7 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Thursday: 12 – 7 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
The Health Information Library anticipates a re-opening in Spring 2022. We ask all patrons to follow the Baycrest COVID-19 Visitor Policy. You can read our policy here
How Can I Access Health Information if I Can’t Come to the Library?
If you are unable to visit the library, you can access various health-related resources through the Baycrest Health Information Portal. Topics include:
- Dementia and Memory
- General Health and Wellbeing
- Mental Health
- End of Life and Palliative Care
- Home Services
You can access our Health Information Portal here
For questions, please contact our Patient, Family and Consumer Education Coordinator, Suzanne Pede at: SPede@Bayrest.org
Baycrest Health Information Library
Apotex Centre, First floor
3560 Bathurst St.
Toronto, ON M6A 2E1