At the time of application, students must be enrolled in an academic institution in a postsecondary healthcare profession program (nursing, medicine, social work, pharmacy, food and nutrition, kinesiology, health sciences, gerontology, **
therapeutic recreation). By the internship start date, applicants must have completed at least half of their program (e.g., for a 4-year program, you will have completed at least 2 years of the program by the start of the internship).
- Applicants must be permanent residents or citizens of Canada studying in Ontario
- Applicants should have a demonstrated interest and related experience in the field of aging
- **Applicants from a therapeutic recreation college program must have a prior undergraduate degree and/or extensive clinical/volunteer experience
- A police reference check including vulnerable sector screen must have been conducted by a police force in the student’s municipality of residence no more than 6 months prior to July 2, 2020 (Note: For Toronto residents, because it can take more than 8 weeks between submitting a vulnerable sector screen request and receiving the completed screen, we recommend that the screen request be submitted by April 2020)
- Documented proof of a 2 step TB skin test will be required